Annual General Meeting - October 11 7:30 pm Pickering Recreation Centre East Salon
Updated Tuesday October 10, 2017 by West Durham Minor Lacrosse Association.
The WDMLA Annual General Meeting will be held Wednesday October 11 at 7:30 pm in the Pickering Recreation Centre East Salon (ground floor at the front of the centre - not at the arena entrance).
We urgently need you to consider a position on the board to support the sport that the players love. Please consider investing a few hours each month to ensure that the club grows and operates smoothly. The following positions will be available at the meeting this year:
- Vice-President Rep & Field
- Director – Facilities
- Director – Registration
- Director – Tournament
- Director – Publicity & Promotions
- Director – Member at Large # 2
In addition, the position of President, which was not filled last year, is available.
- Attend one annual planning meeting in early December
- Attend board meetings which are held once per month (excluding August)
- Attend and assist with in-person registration sessions (usually 4 in late January/early February
- Assist with coordination and operation of the Don Swindells Memorial Tournament
A description of the scope of each portfolio follows.
The Vice-President Rep & Field Teams shall:
- Be responsible for all aspects of the West-Durham Minor Lacrosse Association Rep and Field Programs
- Be the West Durham Minor Lacrosse Association main Representative on the Zone Board
- Be responsible for researching, instituting and continuing to develop a recreational field lacrosse program
- Act as a liaison between West-Durham Minor Lacrosse Association and all other field lacrosse programs in the Durham Region.
The Secretary shall:
- Receive and disperse all correspondence
- Be responsible for West-Durham Minor Lacrosse Association post office box
- Record and distribute minutes of all Executive, Board, Annual and Special Meetings of the West-Durham Minor Lacrosse Association
- Assist other Board members with correspondence
- Schedule and advise all Board 1nembers of meetings dates, times, locations, etc.
- In conjunction with the Executive, devise, prepare and distribute an agenda in advance of the meeting
The Director Facilities shall
- In conjunction with the Vice-Presidents of Rep and Field Teams and Houseleague and the Director Tournaments, coordinate all floor time requirements for the West-Durham Minor Lacrosse Association including both indoor and outdoor facilities
The Director Registration shall:
- Be responsible for the WestDurham Minor Lacrosse Association .Annual Registration
- Be responsible for assisting Vice-Presidents' in arranging and conducting Coaches Courses
- Assist the Director Tournaments as needed
The Director Tournaments shall
- Be responsible for co-ordinating all aspects of West-Durham Minor Lacrosse Association Tournaments
- Be the second contact of the Zone Board
The Director Publicity of Promotions shall
- Be responsible for all aspects of the West-Durham Minor Lacrosse Association Newsletter
- Be responsible for regular press releases and social media communications
- Co-ordinate all areas of publicity, advertising and public relations of the West-Durham Minor Lacrosse Association
- Develop and institute a promotional campaign to develop increased awareness of minor lacrosse
- Work closely with all Board Members to publicize and promote all future and ongoing programs of the West-Durham Minor Lacrosse Association.
Members at large will assist the board in any capacity required.
This article has No Comments.
You must be a member of the League and logged in to
post comments. Login here.